Sunday 8 May 2016

The Missing

Title: The Missing
Author: C.L. Tyalor
Type: Paperback
Read: 13th April - 18th April 2016
Rating: 4/5
Published: 7th April 2016 by Avon

You love your family. They make you feel safe. You trust them. Or do you…?

When fifteen-year-old Billy Wilkinson goes missing in the middle of the night, his mother, Claire Wilkinson, blames herself. She's not the only one. There isn't a single member of Billy's family that doesn't feel guilty. But the Wilkinson’s are so used to keeping secrets from one another that it isn't until six months later, after an appeal for information goes horribly wrong, that the truth begins to surface.

Claire is sure of two things – that Billy is still alive and that her friends and family had nothing to do with his disappearance. A mother's instinct is never wrong. Or is it?

My first book i read by Cally was The Lie and i loved it so much. I do have her debut to condend with soon. So when Avon sent me a copy of this book for review, i was very excited. If it was anything like the previous book, I knew i would enjoy it.

The story starts with 15 year old Billy going missing. Then throughout the story there are flash short text convos or instant chat convos of Billy and someone else. Then we see stuff from his parents view. It's all very twisty turny. I admit it took me a little while to get into this book. I enjoyed it but sometimes i felt the pace didn't move as fast. I wanted answers quickly.

For me, i didn't get the ending until it happened. I say thats down to Cally being good in her writing and not making it so obvious.When the ending comes, you do start to think how did i miss that?

I really do adore all the books Cally writes, and this one is no exception. I really can't wait to see what happens next.


Go Get it From: Amazon UKBook DepositoryWaterstones | Wordery
Follow @callytaylor 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment